The QUICKSERT® Expansion is spun on to the rotating threaded mandrel of the installation tool and introduced into the mounting hole. The hole can be preformed or machined with common drills as a blind or through hole.
The axial pulling motion of the threaded mandrel causes the QUICKSERT® Expansion to shear at the predetermined breaking point between anchoring sleeve and threaded bush. The threaded bush is pulled into the anchoring sleeve and expands it.
Meanwhile, the diamond knurl of the anchoring sleeve is pressed into the wall of the hole. The thread insert is now anchored and locked against screwing and pull-out.
• No tapping
• Quick, cost-effective installation
• Chipping-free installation in smooth mounting holes
• High-strength threads in light metals
• High-strength threads in thermoplastic and thermoset components** after moulding of components
• Suitable for one-sided accessibility of the installation point
• For screwed connections that can be detached as often as required
• For installation on finished surfaces
** Particularly test this insert for suitability for plastics susceptible to stress cracks (e.g. PC, PPO).